BLUE DREAM KITESURFING SCHOOL is the first kiteboarding school in Central America and the only one providing all the services a kiter deserve: We Are open all year around. Our unique 12 years teaching experience made happy more then 1500 students world wide. Our mission is to create kiteboarders. We provide lessons in English, Spanish, German, Italian and French
Absolute beginner course: $30 per hour per person including gear (minimum 2 people). Private lesson is $40 per hour. Lessons are scheduled depending on wind conditions, tide and reservations. Average amount of time to successfully end a beginner course is 5-7 hours (3-4 hours per day), once you get to the water start level and you start to ride, you can rent gear.
- 1st lesson (land lesson):
Control of a trainer kite on the beach (understanding the wind, take off, landing, flight technique, basic steering, simulation of water starts and get going). Control of a small inflatable kite close to the water: about 2 hour.
- 2nd lesson (body dragging):
Flight techniques in the water with 4 and 5 lines inflatable kites ( launching and landing the kite, body dragging with the instructor, body dragging alone, control of the kite with one hand, body drag up wind to recover the board, safety, kite water launch, self rescue: about 2 hours.
- 3rd lesson (water start): approach to the board, demo of the water start by the instructor, water start of the student, discussion about sailing (Start and return with the board in linear sailing), self rescue techinque, discussion about the equipment, transitions techniques: about 2 hours.
- Students NEED to bring the following:
- water shoes (booties) to walk comfortably in and out the water and protect your feet from shells or little stones,
- sun glasses with bungee
- short wetsuit just in January, February and March (during these months once in a while water can be cooler due to the strong winds)
- hat with bungee
- high protection sun block
- long sleeve lycra
At our Kitesurfing shop in the Blue Dream Hotel we sell all these gear but we might don’t have all the sizes
We recommend that students learning this sport be in good physical condition and feel comfortable in the water.
- Intermediate/advanced private lessons: $40 per hour including gear
(Kiters have to have at least the body dragging level) : the instructors will help students set realistic goals and achieve them depending on the level.
The school will supply the following equipment during courses: 2012/2013 last year Slingshot, Cabrinha, North, Mystic, 4 and 5 lines SLE inflatable kites- bi-directional (twin tip) kiteboards – life jacket – harness – helmet.
For those kiters that don’t need lessons we provide GEAR RENTAL:
|Kite rental:||$45 all day|
|Kite board rental:||$15 all day|
$5 all day
|Life jacket and helmet:||free of charge|
- Important: We only rent kites to intermediate kiters that have good experience (at least first transitions level). If you’re not at that level we recommend the use of our trained “caddy” (beach boy) that help you to launch and land the kite downwind for a cost of $4 per hour
We also offer the photographs and videos service for all our guests. Take back home quality material to show your friends and remember the great time in Bahia Salinas!